Re: [oc] RAM memory

Aloha!

leire.rubio@alumni.eps.mondragon.edu wrote:
> Hello!
> I would like to create a RAM to save incoming serial data and work with
> it. I know that a CLB has LUTs that in my opinion are the best way to
> implement memory. But how could we do a VHDL design that uses them
> and not other logic?
> Thanks in advance, Leire

Since you talk about CLBs and LUTs I venture a guess that you are using Xilinx
FPGAs as target technology, correct? In that case, there are tons of great
examples and help on the Xilinx web page, these for example:

http://search.xilinx.com/search97cgi/s97r_cgi

Also, remember Google is your friend:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=How+to+instantiate+a+memory+array+in+VHDL+Xilinx+FPGA&spell=1

Good luck!