Re: [oc] Automatic Core Metrics and Documentation

John Dalton wrote:
> Perhaps documentation could be embedded in the
> source files and then automatically extracted to the
> desired format?

I'm not sure about VHDL, but for Verilog, you could combine something
like the parser in v2html, and the documentation engine in Doxygen.

Since Doxygen doesn't natively support Verilog (last I checked), you
would write a script to transform the code into something vaguely
resembling C, and then Doxygen would wade through the comments and
declarations, looking for JavaDoc-style markup. AFIAR, this has been
implemented to document VB code.

--
Charles Lepple <charles@motioncontrol.org>