Re: [oc] Automatic Core Metrics and Documentation

I agree with Tom that Wiki is not suitable for OC because it is impossible to
have general look for all projects.

XML would be great for project documents but I am not sure if editing of
project pages as XML documents would be easy enough for developers. Probably
we need a tool/editor. In my opinion web editing is still best solution
because it only requires browser and can be done from home, office or
anywhere. From view of web developer the problem of XML documents is that
searching through them is very slow in comparison with SQL database. For
example.. on the first OC page there is a scetion called 'Last updated'. If I
want to display it dinamically I have to load XML document of each project
and check LastUpdated tag. Of course this can be done by task running from
cron but souch things makes development and maintaince of OC web complicated.

My suggestion is that we continue to use SQL database together with XML. First
step is to define OCProject shema then redefine SQL database structure which
will be based on schema and implement export to XML, pdf, etc.. (for project
pages and project documents). I think that for page editing web interface is
still the best, XML can be used for documentation and other project
documents.

regards,
Miha