[openrisc] Connect to JTAG, then?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the OpenRISC project, it's really a good project, well done.

I am begin to try the xess version, I have some questions, please help
me if somone know how to solve them, thanks

1. I try to synthesis the 'xsv_fpga_top.prj' by synplify pro 7.2.3, but it
seems never end, always stay at 'compiling' stage, what's going on?

2. I load the 'xsv_fpga_top_ethernet.exo' into Flash memory, and
connect the JTAG server through gdb, load the ORPmon, use the
commands as the web page says, after command 'c', what should I do?
how to display the ORPmon console?

3. Is there any document about synthesis, implementation hardware,
then use some software tools to communication to the FPGA board step
by step?

thanks a lot.

reanphoto