Re: [pci] Need Guidence

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Khurram Shahzad wrote:

> Good Morning .
> Though i am talking at a professional forum but still hope, you people would help me .
>
> we ( i & my friend) started our final project at graduate level on "PCI Prototyping Board".we have to design and implement full PCI Protocol on FPGA (pathched on PCI add-in card). which will be interfaced  with PCI BUS on one side and on the other side it will be inferfaced with the user application (it may be DAC ,Modem ,CRT e.t.c ).

My gradute proyect is similar to yours. We designed a PCI board with an
ACEX1K100, and SDRAM, a PCI core (Target PCI, Wishbon Master) and a linux
driver.

We are finishing it this month :)

> I want to know
>
> 1) Is it necassary to implement WishBone standard in my case ?

I recommend to implement it. It makes easier to use your design, and you
can use connecto other applicationd from OpenCores.

> 2) If i implement WishBone then what would i require Host Bridge or Guest Bridge Implementation ?

It depends if you are going to design a PCI master or a PCI target ( or
both)

> 3) Is it do-able in 5 months keeping in view that we also have to write a device driver
> in windows for the sample application ?

No it's not possible. I have been working for more than 20 months.

Sebastián Fernández