Re: [oc] MP3 Encoder?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dautel, Rob" <Dautel@AllAmerican.com>
To: <cores@opencores.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 6:52 PM
Subject: RE: [oc] MP3 Encoder?

> Hi Paul,
>
> This subject comes up every so often. The trouble with MP3 are the
patents.
> Decoders are free, but you get charged (or sued?) for encoder royalties. I
> believe there is an MPEG 1/2 hardware, 1/2 CPU project going. Would that
be
> you Damjan? We've also talked a bit about doing a small data flow engine

Right now there isn't any web page yet. But for the juicy stuff go to the
CVS http://www.opencores.org/cgi-bin/cvsget.cgi/or1k/mp3 (typing this url
from the back of my mind)

If you have no idea what all that stuff is, wait a few days so that I put
together a web page how to build the software and how to
synthesize/implement the hw part. Whole thing runs on Xess XSV board.

regards,
Damjan