Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux 5r0 "Benigni" released

From: Johannes Niess (j.niess@uni-bonn.de)
Date: Mon Mar 29 1999 - 16:59:14 CEST

At 08:30 PM 3/26/99 +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

>From README.change
>-------------------
>
>Version 5r0 "Benigni"
>
>Work is not finished: the new KB's free in floppy #1 should be filled
>with new ideas.
>
> ncftp? syslog ? /bin/login+passwd ? in.rlogind ?
>
>But I wan't put in muLinux binaries without some attempt of slim them;
>this requires a lot of time!

I'd like to have a ssh-client on the disk. At the moment I am in Texas
(USA) and can safely administer our server in Germany. Ssh is available for
windows, but you have to install it. Inserting a disk and rebooting is
faster. You must have read a wish from between the lines of e-mails to
include wd and smc ethernet drivers. I havn't tested setup standby yet, but
this is a good thing. Thank you.

Johannes Niess