Re: [mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 14:06:48 CET

On Thu, Nov 25, 1999 at 10:40:07PM +0100, Arno Wilhelm nicely wrote:

> You are really fast. How does that work with the bootable cdrom? Do just
> have to burn an bootable image to the beginning ( first 1,4Mb ) of the cdrom
> and the rest of the directory tree is lying after that image on the cdrom,
> or is the directory tree within the bootable sectors? Can you mount the
> /proc tree now? If I could I would like to test the the stuff?

No, no. We can use only ramdisk, with a CDROM. Linux boot and load
ramdisks in RAM. Only difference is location: no single separated
floppy disk, but single immage X11.tgz, TCL.tgz etc in a isofs.

The CD must be a standard DOS-readable media; boot go using syslinux,
or loadlin.

Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen