Re: R: mulinux help needed

From: mjohnson@davesworld.net
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 18:07:21 CEST

I almost had my PS/NOTE (486/4meg ram) machine up and running because at some point I got it to ask me for a swap size during cloning and I set it to 20meg, I could unpack and install USR/EXT JUST FINE!!... and it was working! I was actually interacting in mulinux, and I got greedy for X11...

Unfortunately my X11 archive didn't download properly.. so I went to download the updated stuff and I discovered that the new DOSTOOLS.zip/install process doesn't get past "examining your system"... hardrive comes on and I end up in endless paging... Things also seemed to run smoother with vga=normal set in the loadlin.exe params... Is there any way you can have it prompt for a swap size while you are going through the install procedures. So, Here I sit back where I was, can you post the old dostools versions while you are posting the new ones... just in case?

Mike