Digital signature in muLinux - tests wanted

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 23:08:47 CET

I'm developing a series of macros for the mutt mailer, able
to handle PGP keys in a simple way.

I developed a menu, accessed with the "k" key, that offers this
possibilities

        1) create new public/secret keys
        2) remove some keys
        3) mail to someone my public key
        4) extract the key that some other sent me and
          add it in my PGP data-base

I do not know what's the state-of-art in this kind of knowledge on
the list (my is very at beginning). But I'm now studing the subject.
I started from www.pgpi.org.

Because my regular Linux system and muLinux will use the same
PGP and MUTT releases, I will do the works once.

I will sent on the list two email: one, encrypted and signed with
my public PGP keys; the next, I sent my public key certificate,
in a separated messages.

In mutt, the 2th is marked with "K", because it use a special MIME
for send public-keys on Internet; the 1th, is marked "P", because
it is encrypted with PGP.

So, if someone is able to extract my public-key from the 2th
message, it is also able to decifrate the 1th message. In this
case, please, resent the 1th message in clear-text on the list.

When you will have the new Mutt configured for muLinux, you can
do these step simply pressing a key :-)

Hope it works, because I'm still testing.
Michele

--
"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen