Re: Re: [oc] GNU LGPL license

> As long as the company doesn't patent your core or worse patent
> "improvements"
> on your core making it unusable.

Can you patent something that is already made available (for free) ??

I know the US wanted to patent Bismathi rice (how do you spell that ?), but
it is a Thai invention and already being produced for some years in Thailand.
Making it impossible to patent it. (It's the example that counts, don't start
asking questions about the rice).

I don't think you can stop a company from patenting improvements, unless
specifically stated in the license agreement.

On the other hand if a company makes a device - that contains a core from
OpenCores - which is a true invention, than I don't see why they shouldn't be
able to patent the device (not the core !!).

Richard