Re: [oc] Host Interface

Aloha!

deepa_makam@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>
>  I wanted to know the width of the host interface bus (generic) usually
> used to Interface with MAC

Your description is somewhat terse, but assuming that you talk about 10/100
Mbit/s Ethernet are you talking about the interface to the host (PC) or the
physical attachment unit? If it is the former, then you need to look at PCI,
ISA specs.

If it is the interface between the MAC and the physical interface (PCS) you
might take a look at the interface description related to chips for either MAC
implmentations or PCS implementations. Intel makes great MAC-chips and have
good documentation.

I also did a fast Google and found the following page:

http://www.national.com/pf/DP/DP83840A.html

If you download the data sheet you will find a good pinout description of the
MII interface.

Good luck!

--
Med vänlig hälsning, Yours