[oc] Adder issues ?

  Hi, dear elites,

  I had a question about the adder implementation in RTL. Provided that we
use 2's
complement system as the number representation, 2 variable adder is
normally written
as c=a+b which c is 12 bits, a and b are 11 bits. We denote the area
occupation of the  2 variable adder is X gates. Now if we would like to
implement the function such as c=a+ 11'h001(a constant) or the negation of
a, -a(i.e ~a+1'b1), do we code that as the above coding style c=a+11'h001
in the RTL ? Will the synthesizer optimize it instead of area occupation X
(it should be smaller that that)? I think synthesizer like Dc will do that
job. Do you prefer any implementation methodology to achieve that instead
of synthesizer in RTL ?

  BTW, do you recommend any references regarding how remap controller works
in an embedded system ? I would like to design it and have no any idea just
discrete materials. In opencores, are there any documentation state it ?

 Appreciate for your any comments.

 Regards,

 Nanson Huang