Re: [oc] synthesize and pipeline programming

Hello everyone,

I am just trying to see how the synthesis tool(design
compiler ) will implment the following "case":
module case_try(GRANT,REQUEST);

input [3:1] REQUEST;
output [3:1] GRANT;

reg  [3:1] GRANT;
always @(REQUEST)
casez(REQUEST)
3'b1??: GRANT = 3'b100;
3'b01?: GRANT = 3'b010;
3'b001: GRANT = 3'b001;

default: GRANT = 3'b000;

endcase
endmodule

after synthsis, how can I tell if it is implemented as
priorized one or MUX? and what is supposed to be?

Now I have the netlist of the module based on
"class.db" library from synopsys. How can I test it
with my simulation level testbench? suppose the
class.db library is in the
/home/hwang/synopsys/libaries/class.db, should I just
put:

`include "/home/hwang/synopsys/libaries/class.db"

into my testbench(which also includes the netlist
file)? and if this is the case, how can I write the
sdf annoate?

I am pretty new in this area, thank you for your
paticience...

Have a nice day!

Jay