Re: [oc] RE: [pci] PCI core ( LICENSING )

Joachim Strömbergson <Joachim.Strombergson@InformAsic.com> provided important information on Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:29:20 +0200...
>Not to start a license-war, but I usually prefer a BSD-style license in favor
>of the (L)GPL types. The BSD-license is an "AS IS", disclaimer style license
>that protects *me* from any problems caused to someone using my kludge. Also,
>it gives the user the right to do whatever he/she/it wants with the code,
>including keeping all changes to himself. The only restriction is the need to
>retain/produce the copyright notice itself.

OK, suppose that I use an open core in an FPGA.  Where shall I then post the copyright notice?  What will it look like?

I could imagine it on the chip label (using rather small type), on a sticker near the chip (slightly larger type), prominently on the product label (probably small type here, too), or in the manual.

It might look something like a movie credit:
	PCI core provided by Victor H. DeLicense <vhdl@cores-r-us.com>	:->

Is this line of reasoning correct?
--
Kevin Kilzer