Re: [oc] verilog to vhdl converter

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 03:26:17PM +0800, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Friday 04 April 2003 18:15, John Sheahan wrote:
> > I recently wrote a perl script for converting synthesizeable
> > verilog to vhdl.
>
> I don't know how many software programmers are lurking on this list, but I am
> a rather competent Java/C/assembly programmer, and willing to put in some
> time to help out. Perl is not my game, but I think I would be able to
> translate to Java, and make a web service out of it (if interest).
>
> Niclas

as a hardware guy, I don't claim to any sw sophistication so I stick
to interpreted lanugages or assembler.

I'd actually prefer to see effort into completeness and correctness
than language style first though.  But as a 1300 line perl script
its not a thing of beauty.

I'll have another look at geda  or do something about an external web
page here. I'll post a link in a couple of days. else nag me.

john