Re: [oc] Async reset: active high or active low?

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 02:13, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> ;o)
>
> Alternatives to "minimize";
> - less wasting
> - reduced
> - optimized
>
> Cyrano got part of the answer right, just that Reset is normally "off", i.e.
> "high" and drew less current.
>
> The argument of "reset by default at power-up" by a simple RC network, is a
> more recent thing (I think?), in ultra-low cost designs, such as PIC12xx,

Oh no, RC networks have been used way back since the '70, as
far as I know/remember. This was way before there was such a
fancy thing as "Power Monitor" or "Reset Supervisory Circuit"
(Damn does this sound cool or what ? Just say out loud:
"Supervisory Circuit" :*).

> where a reset device cost more than the CPU (!).
>
> (Paraphrasing; Using "I" and "think" in the same sentence is tricky.)
>
> Niclas

Cheers !
rudi